Badusha/Balushahi is yet another delicious sweet which is made during the Diwali festival. This is crispy on the out and soft flaky inside. Kneading and adding the correct proportions of the ingredients makes the best flaky badusha.
This recipe is shared by one of my friends Deepa Sundar. It turned out so yum. If you follow the given steps properly along with the given ingredients, you will surely get the soft, flaky and juicy badusha as shown above. First-time triers can also make this without any problem. If you are not able to make the flower shape no worries just make it in the shape of peda/doughnut (round shape with a small dent in the middle). It will taste same. To make flower shape check the below-given video.
The steps that should be taken care while making this badusha is:
- Kneading the dough is a most important step in making this badusha.
- Make sure that milk and butter are at room temperature before using it in the dough.
- After making the dough knead it at least for 5 mins.
- Let the dough rest at least for half an hour to 2 hours.
- Do not skip baking soda or baking powder. This makes the dough flaky in texture.
- Cook badusha in low heat only. If the temperature of the oil gets high then switch off the flame, wait for a while and again turn on the flame.
- Sugar syrup should be in single thread consistency only, or else it will not get soaked properly.
Enjoy the video of Badusha. Subscribe for more videos.
Now let us see how to prepare this recipe.
Delicious melt in mouth soft, flaky and juicy Badusha is ready to relish.
If you found this post useful, I would really love it if you pin it or share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it” “like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons below the post. It will keep me motivated. Thank you!