Chickpea Masala Vada is a popular tea time snack. We all have made Masala Vada using chana dal. I always try some new versions and I came up with this Masala Vada using Chickpea. It is very tasty, deliciously crunchy on the outside and soft inside.
Here in UAE we regularly used to have falafel, which is a deep fried ball made of chickpeas. But it will not have any extra spices as we generally add in our Indian dishes. My hubby likes spicy and crispy vada. He suggested me why not to give a try by adding our masalas in it. Chickpea vada came out well and tasted awesome. So wanted to share with you all and here is the recipe.
Chickpea Masala Vada :
- Soak chickpeas overnight, in order to cook fast. I used white chickpeas.
- If you forgot to soak, dry roast the chickpeas and soak it in hot water for at least 4-5 hours.
- While grinding do not add any water as we do for Masala Vada.
- Use whipper mode in the mixer while grinding chickpeas to get a coarse texture.
- Don’t make it mushy or smooth paste, then you will not be able to enjoy the crispy vada.
Crispy and crunchy Chickpea Masala Vada is ready to relish along with a hot cup of coffee/tea.