Coconut Burfi / Thengai Burfi, one of the traditional Indian sweets, prepared at the time of Diwali and other festivals. This burfi is very easy to prepare. Most of them make it complicated by checking string consistency of sugar syrup. Here I will show the direct way without making the sugar syrup.
Coconut Burfi is one of my and my hubby’s favourite dessert. This burfi is made in a jiffy as we do it in 7-cups sweet. No need to check for any string consistency. Just grab all the ingredients. Heat a Kadai, stir all ingredients continuously till the mixture starts leaving the pan. Pour it in a greased plate and cut to the desired shape. Keep it in an airtight container. This stays fresh for a fortnight even when stored at room temperature.
Steps to be taken care while preparing Coconut Burfi :
- Always use freshly grated coconut to get the fresh taste.
- Grate only the white part of coconut to get nice white burfi.
- Avoid using frozen or desiccated coconut, it will not give you the fresh juicy taste.
- Always use home made ghee for all desserts.
- Use heavy bottom Kadai or non-stick Kadai to make burfi.
I learned this burfi from my mom. She always makes it simple and sweet. So I am sharing her recipe with you.
Mouth watering, delicious Coconut Burfi is ready to relish.